1. Councilmember Toro VOTES NO for Electric Rate Increase 17.4%
2. Councilmember Toro VOTES NO for Water Rate Increase 112%
3. Selected to Senoir Housing Committee
4. Selected to City Manager recruitment committee
5. City Council votes 7-0 to a 5% salary cut. This changes the salary from $400 to $380 per month. Councilmember Toro urges Council to reduce costs more by going paperless with Council Agendas which is approximately and additional $210 per month. Every little bit helps save jobs and programs to the community
6. City Council Votes 7-0 for New City Manager Rod Foster. Rod was the Councils unanimous choice for the position. Toro committed to a 7-0 vote urged the Council to stay at the table until all members were in agreememnt with a contract. After several hours of talks and negotiating the Council came to a full agreement and Rod Foster accepted the Councils contract proposal. He begins his new journey Dec 7, 2009.